Articles must be written in accurate scientific English appropriate for publication. the articles are subject to review and editing; however, the authors are responsible for the correctness the manuscript’s English language. The articles must be submitted only online : www.iranneurology.com
The Journal publishes:
• Original Article
• Review Article
• Case Report (only accpeted as Letter to Editor or clinical note)
• Short Communication
• Clinical Notes
• Letters to Editor
• Neurological Images
• Neurological Videos
• Iranian Neurological Events
• Book reviews
Original and review papers: The maximum length of original and review papers (including tables and figures materials) is 3000 words.
Case reports: Case reports will be accepted only as Letter to the Editor or clinical notes.
Short communications: The maximum word number of short communications should be below 1200 words with maximum one table or figure and 10 references. The manuscript should be structured including introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and conclusion with a structured abstracts as original articles.
Neurological images or videos: They should be maximally 400 words with legends without abstract and unstructured. The videos should be uploaded as supplementary files.
Letter to the Editor: May concern short scientific reports and comments. The maximum number of words should be below 800 words with maximum 5 references and no abstract, maximum 1 table or figure, and unstructured.
Clinical notes: Refer to important interesting observations which are imperative for reminders in clinical practice. The maximum number is 1000 words with maximum 5 references, 1 table and 1 figure with no abstract.
Iranian neurological events: Include the brief description of major regional events (congresses or seminar) implemented in Iran.
All papers submitted for publication in the journal are assessed by two independent reviewers with the mutual anonymity rule as to the names of reviewers and authors observed.
The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject a paper without seeking reviewers’ opinion provide the content or the form of the paper does not meet minimum acceptance criteria or if the subject of the paper is beyond the aims and scope of the journal
Everyone listed as the author of a paper is responsible for the reliability and completeness of data presented in the paper.
Do not submit papers that copy fully or partially previously published papers.
Indicate that this submission is ready to be considered by this journal by checking off the following:
• The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in comments to the Editor).
• The submission file is in Microsoft word document file format.
• Where available, URLS for the references have been provided.
• The text is double – spaced; uses and Arial 12 – point font ; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end
• The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If the Editorial Board is not notified in advance and the paper is found to have been copied during editorial work, the paper shall be rejected.
We expect that all studies reported in the journal conform to the requirements of the Declaration of Helsinki (1989) . information on the consent of a relevant ethics committee to perform the trial and the informed consent of the patients to participate in the trial should be given in the Material and methods section of each paper in which diagnostic or therapeutic intervention does not follow from the standard procedure. Authors of case reports must not disclose personal data of patients described.
Submissions should be accompanied by a cover letter including a declaration by the first author on behalf of the others to the effect that
(1) The paper has not been published to date (except for abstracts of conference materials).
(2) The paper has not been accepted for publication elsewhere .
(3) All persons listed as the authors have read it and approved it for publication .
The cover letters should be submitted in section “Comments for the Editor”.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal uses Open Journal Systems 22.214.171.124, which is open source journal management and publishing software developed, supported, and freely distributed by the Public Knowledge Project under the GNU General Public License.